As any coffee lover knows, there is nothing quite like having a nice cup brewed right in your home kitchen. But whether you’re a fan of cappuccino, macchiato, espresso, or just plain old filter coffee, there’s a machine out there that will make you the coffee you want every time. Review help you assess and evaluate the best coffee machines (even best drip coffee maker) so that you can take home the right one for your needs with our kitchen appliance reviews. Coffee machines and coffee makers find extensive use in homes and commercial eating places;
How to Choose the Best Coffee Maker?
Before you decide which is the best Coffee Maker is right for you, make sure that it will meet all your demands with this quick checklist.
- Bar pressure: When buying an espresso maker, remember good bar pressure is essential for making a good ‘crema’ (the foam on your espresso) and is one of the main indicators of a good cup – meaning the steam meets the coffee granules at the correct speed.
- Filter holder: The container that holds the coffee should be kept warm. Top-priced models have brass holders, rather than the regular aluminum ones, to retain the heat for longer.
- Wattage: Like a kettle, the higher the wattage on your machine, the faster the water is boiled – something to consider if you think you’ll to want to make several cups of espresso at one time.
- Thermoblock: A type of boiler within the machine that heats water to the perfect temperature (about 90°C) with a pump, to prevent the coffee from being scalded and impairing the flavor.
- Bean-to-cup coffee makers: For the real coffee connoisseur, choose a machine that grinds the coffee beans on the spot for a richer, more intense flavor. These machines tend to be at the top of the price range, but for the money, you’ll be able to adjust everything from the strength of the coffee to the temperature.
- Ease of use: A coffee shop barista might make it look easy, but getting to grips with a coffee machine – complete with levers, buttons, and filters – can be a daunting task. A key element of our testing is rating how easy each machine is to use, and we award a star rating for ease of use to each model we test.
5 Best Coffee Maker Reviews
Whether you want to replace your old drip coffee maker, brew made-to-order beverages one at a time with a single-serve brewer, or craft true coffeehouse creations with an espresso maker, we have the right brewer for you. Learn more about coffee makers and which one best suits your lifestyle and your design style.
A coffee shop barista might make it look easy, but getting to grips with a coffee machine – complete with levers, buttons, and filters – can be a daunting task. A key element of our testing is rating how easy each machine is to use, and we award a star rating for ease of use to each model we test.
|1||Hamilton Beach (49980A) Single Serve Coffee Maker and Coffee Pot Maker, Programmable, Black/Stainless Steel||
|2||Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker||
|3||OXO Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Brewer||View|
|4||BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black||
|5||Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Thermal Carafe, BV1900TS||
Hamilton Beach (49980A) Single Serve Coffee Maker and Coffee Pot Maker, Programmable, Black/Stainless Steel
Help yourself to café-quality coffee every morning. Coffee Strong delivers the best Hamilton Beach Coffee Makers on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated. Either you could prepare the coffee for yourself, and even serve it to your family or a gang of people.
- Includes an inbuilt clock and timer, giving you more comfort and sleeping time.
- It’s completely an auto-programmed system and comes with a shut-off feature.
- Single-serve side works only with losing ground coffee or disk-shaped soft pods (not compatible with K-CUP packs*, capsules or other single-serve packs).
- Uses ground coffee, unique scoop, measures, and filters of ground coffee for a perfect cup every time.
- Fits any cup size – simply move the drip tray to where you need it to accommodate your cup and prevent splashing.
- The carafe side will automatically turn off after two hours saving you power and money.
- Brew a single cup or a full or part pot.
- The pot brewing tank is a large capacity tank complete with measurement markings for accurate filling.
Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker
This is a Review of Keurig K55 Single Serve Programmable K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker, one of the most popular coffee machines or coffee makers on the market, delivering quality coffee all of the time. The Keurig K55 Single Server Home Brewer perfectly brews a cup of coffee, tea, hot cocoa or iced beverage in under a minute with a touch of a button.
- Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine.
- An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- An important part of cleaning your Keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time.
- A newer feature for Keurig is there Quiet Brew Tech, which greatly cuts the noise that most other models make while brewing.
- The Keurig K55, it’s important to be able to control what temperature to brew at – a feature Keurig did not overlook.
- The Keurig K55 Single Serve Coffee Maker takes 4 minutes to start up and warm water. Also, once started the system only takes 15 seconds to reheat the water.
- The dimension of the coffee maker is 9.8*13.3*13 inches. Hence, it is a small size coffee maker.
- The weight is only 12 pounds which make the coffee maker easily movable.
OXO Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Brewer
We like a coffee maker with brains! Arriving on the scene as a newly certified SCAA brewer, the OXO Barista Brain 9-Cup Coffee Brewer is, as the name implies, one intelligent drip coffee maker! This machine is super easy to use. Add your freshly ground coffee and fill up the water tank. Then simply select how many cups you want to make and the machine does the rest.
- As an SCAA certified brewer, the Barista Brain brews at the optimal temperature.
- A small LED display and dial/button help you quickly and easily start the brewing process.
- Microprocessor controlled brew system: This means the machine is powered by a computing system. It replicates the pour over method for fuller extraction.
- The coffee stays hot for ages (although the product specifications say two hours, the coffee is still hot enough to drink after four hours)
- Indicator to tell you when cleaning is needed.
- Cone-shaped brew basket.
- Rainmaker™ showerhead for even water distribution.
- Mixing tube blends coffee upon entering carafe.
- Vacuum insulated double-wall thermal carafe.
BUNN BT Velocity Brew 10-Cup Thermal Carafe Home Coffee Brewer, Black
This nifty little machine has a lot of plus points and is packed with great features. A no-frills coffee machine that brews up tasty pots in a flash. It is designed to brew 10 cups of coffee in under three minutes then remain on to keep the coffee heated and ready to go. The coffee stays hot for up to 2 hours, which makes it the ideal brew for a small office or a household full of coffee lovers.
- It has a double wall vacuum insulated carafe that will keep the coffee warm. The double wall carafe makes the coffee maker more durable as well as dishwasher safe.
- The machine has been built very solidly with stainless steel and can overall be said to be a good quality coffee maker.
- The spray head on this machine is specially designed to ensure that the extraction is even for the best flavor.
- A three-year warranty.
- 50-ounce capacity reservoir for up to 10 cups.
- Stays on all day for 3 minute brew time.
- Vacation switch.
Bonavita 8-Cup One-Touch Coffee Maker Featuring Thermal Carafe, BV1900TS
Meet the next generation of coffee brewers, the Bonavita BV1900TS. With features like a redesigned showerhead, more powerful heating element, and a pre-infusion brew mode, you can take your coffee to the next level.
- Powerful and precise 1500-watt heater maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C).
- Flat-bottomed filter basket and larger showerhead allow for even better saturation and uniform extraction.
- Optional pre-infusion mode wets freshly roasted ground coffee to allow degassing before brewing.
- Carafe lid, filter basket, and showerhead are dishwasher safe and all plastic is BPA-free.
- 2-year limited warranty.
- Durable stainless steel lined thermal carafe.
Do you want your coffee the instant you get home from work? Again, no problem. Smarter Coffee knows when you enter the front door and will start brewing a pot with the Home mode. Now you know what to look for, head to our coffee machine reviews to find your perfect model. Keep up to date with the latest coffee machine reviews.