This is the healthiest way to eat vegetables. It is one of the easiest ways to prepare raw vegetables. During the cold winter months, my mom loves to prepare this to keep us healthy and fit. This dish is quick, light retains flavor and has a great nutritional value. I will like to recommend steamed in seasoned vegetables often taste perfectly wonderful as they are. I am sure kids of all ages will gobble up for this steamed veggies.
During the cold winter months, my mom loves to prepare this to keep us healthy and fit. This dish is quick, light retains flavor and has a great nutritional value.
- 2 tablespoon Butter / olive oil
- 1 small clove Garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Lime peel grated
- 1 teaspoon Serrano or jalapeno chili finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup Broccoli florets cut
- 1⁄3 cup Cauliflower florets cut
- 2 Carrots sliced into rounds
- 1⁄3 cup Green beans chopped
- ¼ cup Summer squash sliced into rounds
- ¼ cup Zucchini sliced into rounds
- 2 oz (50 gram) Red bell pepper sliced into a bite-size length
In quart saucepan melt butter over low heat.
Add garlic and stir about 20 seconds.
Now add lime peel, chili, salt and lime juice and mix well.
Remove it from heat and set aside.
Now in 4-quart saucepan place steamer basket.
6 Then add 1 cup water and let it boil.
The ideal height above the water should be 2.5 cm.
Add cut up vegetables to basket.
Cover the lid and steam for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
To check whether the vegetables are done pierce the thickest part of the vegetables with a daring knife.
After it is done, place the vegetables in serving bowl.
Add the butter mixture to it and proceed gently to coat and serve it steaming hot.
Proper steaming of vegetables keeps vitamins and minerals intact. It’s a low-fat meal and if you want you can match with Dips, Mustard Sauce, Roasted Chicken, Steamed Fish or Grilled Fish.
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
|Vitamin C||35 %|