Salads are one of the healthiest forms of eating. It adds a flavorful twist to winter picnic dish. It’s light and refreshing. The salad makes an insanely savory side dish. If you have 10 minutes in hand then you have enough time to whip up this salad.
It’s light and refreshing. The salad makes an insanely savory side dish.
- 9 oz (250 gram) Red tomatoes diced into large pieces
- 0.5 oz (10 gram) Black olives
- 3.5 oz (100 gram) Cherry mozzarella
- 0.2 oz (5 gram) Fresh basil leaves
- 0.1 oz (3 gram) Garlic flakes
- 3.5 oz (100 gram) Arugula leaves
- 1.5 oz (50 gram) Bread croutons
- 0.2 fl oz (5 ml) Balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 fl oz (15 ml) Extra virgin olive oil
- 0.1 oz (3 gram) Parsley chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
In a bowl mix the tomatoes, mozzarella, olives, basil, arugula and garlic flakes together.
Mix all the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl.
Now toss the salad with the dressing before serving.
Before serving let the salad stand for 15 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle.
Garnish it with croutons and serve.
This tomato bread salad recipe remains of Tuscany. Get a healthy dose of veggies with of punch of flavors for a refreshing and light meal. The potent taste of veggies coupled with leaves creates a vibrant salad that the whole family will love.