Indian Crab Curry
Since I was brought up in India near the seaside, crabs are very commonly used over here. The crab meat is very delicious and tender. My dad used to buy fresh quality crab from fishmongers and used to prepare this recipe by making the kitchen messy and things helter-skelter. My mom used to get very annoyed with him. But at the lunchtime when we used seat together, my mom’s annoyingness used to get transform to happiness by the taste of this dish. From my dad, I came to know about this recipe and I prepare it at my home.
Since I was brought up in India near the seaside, crabs are very commonly used over here. The crab meat is very delicious and tender.
- Olive oil
- 2 heaped tablespoon Black mustard seed
- 3 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 5 Green cardamom pods crushed
- 1 medium White onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 Fresh ginger thumb size; peeled and finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 2 large cloves Garlic peeled and finely sliced
- 2 heaped teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 to 3 Fresh red chilies de-seeded and finely sliced
- 9 oz (250 g) Brown crab meat
- 13.5 fl oz (400 ml) Coconut milk
- 2 Lemon juices
- 1 lb (500 g) White crab meat
- 1 bunch Fresh coriander leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly grounded black pepper to taste
- White cream
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cardamom pods, cumin seeds, ginger, garlic, onion, and chili.
Fry all this over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown.
Then add the turmeric powder, a splash of olive oil and the brown crab meat and stir.
After a minute, pour coconut milk and a tinful of water.
Let it simmer for 5 minutes so that all the flavors develop.
Then add the lemon juice and simmer for another 10 minutes or until the gravy resembles thick in consistency.
Then add the white crab meat.
Check that all the shells have been picked out.
Then add half the coriander leaves and simmer for 4 minutes.
Now season carefully with salt and pepper and little more lemon juice, if you think.
Switch off the flame and pour it into a bowl.
Garnish it with white cream and rest of the coriander leaves.
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|