Cottage cheese (Indian Paneer) is popular in the Indian Vegetarian cuisine. It can be made in various ways, either dry curry or with gravy. Cottage cheese is used to make Indian deserts, snacks etc. In my house cottage cheese has taken a delicate place. In many occasions and festivals, my mom prepares many varieties of delicious cottage cheese recipes and it is just yummy!
Cottage cheese (Indian Paneer) is popular in the Indian Vegetarian cuisine. It can be made in various ways, either dry curry or with gravy.
- 9 oz (250 g) Cottage cheese cut into batons
- 2 tablespoon Garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoon Olive / white oil
- 1 teaspoon Celery finely chopped
- 2 pieces Green chilies finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups Vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Red chili sauce
- 2 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tomato ketchup
- Salt to taste
- Crushed black peppercorns to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoon Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped; plus for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour / cornstarch
Heat oil in a deep non-stick wok.
Add garlic and sauté until it turns golden brown.
Add celery, green chilies, and vegetable stock and mix well.
Add soy sauce, red chili sauce, tomato ketchup, salt, crushed peppercorns, sugar, chopped coriander and stir well.
Combine water and corn flour/cornstarch in a bowl to make a smooth paste.
Add the paste to the pan.
Add Cottage Cheese batons and mix well.
Add vinegar and mix lightly.
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
Turn off the flame and serve it hot.
This preparation can be relished either as a side dish or with Hakka Noodles or Burnt Garlic Fried Rice you will be getting a predominant flavor of burnt garlic. Serve hot, garnished with chopped coriander.
|Total Fat||13 g|