Chicken lollipop is mine and my boyfriend’s favorite appetizer. It is also known as drums of heaven. I make it occasionally at home. I made it like restaurant style and it was amazing, so juicy and tasty. I hope you will love it and let me know how it turns out.
Chicken lollipop is mine and my boyfriend’s favorite appetizer. It is also known as drums of heaven.
- 1.1 lb (500 g) Chicken drumstick wings de-skinned
- Olive / white oil for deep frying
- 3 tablespoon All-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Red chili paste I grounded 3 dry red chilies with water
- 1 tablespoon Ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon Crushed black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon White vinegar
- 3 tablespoon Tomato ketchup
- A pinch of Ajinomoto optional
Mix chicken drumsticks with all the marinating ingredients.
Keep aside for 30 minutes.
In a plate or tray add in corn flour and all purpose flour, mix well.
Now heat oil for deep frying.
Once the oil is hot, drop the marinated chicken in corn flour and all purpose flour mix and coat well; dust the excess.
Drop the chicken drumstick in hot oil, simmer the flame and cook on low heat for 10 minutes till the chicken is cooked.
Now increase the heat and fry the chicken on high heat for 5 minutes or till the chicken get crispy and cooked.
Drain the excess oil and serve hot. If you wish you can squeeze lemon juice.
OUR DINE TABLE
The chicken lollipop can be combined with Mint Dip or Green Chili Coriander Dip. You can also top it with ketchup mixed with some chili paste to make it hot and spicy. A succulent treat that lives up to the name, so to me it’s drums of heaven!!!