We’re always on the lookout for new kitchen gadgets that will make cooking easier and more fun. Air fryers have been popping up all over recently, and for good reason. Maybe you do not know about air fryers. Air is the new oil! Air fryers resemble deep fryers in that individually they both cook up vegetables, meat, poultry, and fish to a crispy crunchy outside while cooking the inside done. We’re calling it now Air fryers are the Instant Pot of 2018. Air fryers can also cook a hell of a lot more food than a deep fryer and can be used for things like grilling a steak or baking a pizza. It’s like having a combo oven and deep fryer, except it fits on your counter and doesn’t require frozen food to be thawed before cooking.
What to look for in an Air Fryer?
- Power: the more Wattage, the more energy to cook faster.
- Capacity: Knowing how much food and the type of food you want to cook is very important when purchasing an air fryer.
- It is important to make sure your countertop has adequate space to store the air fryer when cooking.
- Figuring out what settings are available on the air fryer will help you make a better decision.
- Adjustable temperature.
- Digital timer (lighted digits).
- Analog timer (knobs).
- Cooking basket.
This is the kitchen gadget you need to get that crispy, deep-fried food taste — minus the calories. Shop our top five picks!
5 Best air fryer Reviews
The best air fryer should consistently produce the familiar crunch of deep-fried foods, while still being easier to maintain and use than a traditional deep fryer. We tested seven air fryers, cooking more than 20 pounds of fries, chicken strips, and veggies. This is the kitchen gadget you need to get that crispy, deep-fried food taste — minus the calories. Shop our top five picks!
|1||GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Air Fryer XL with 6-PC Accessory Set||View|
|2||Philips Avance Collection XXL Digital Twin TurboStar Airfryer Black/Silver||View|
|3||Breville Smart Oven Air||View|
|4||Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven||View|
|5||Avalon Bay Air Fryer||View|
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Air Fryer XL with 6-PC Accessory Set
Inexpensive doesn’t have to mean ineffective, and this user-friendly air fryer is proof. It comes with eight pre-set buttons, including chicken, pork, shrimp, chips, fish, and even cake! Yep, you can bake a cake in this air fryer. This air fryer is the perfect companion for a big family. The basket design makes for easy cooking and clean-up. Makes food crispy on the outside while staying tender inside.
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle. Don’t forget to shake with the new built-in alarm function that reminds you to shake your ingredients in 5, 10, 15 minute increments.
- Wide Temperature range from 180F to 400F in 10-degree increments and a cooking timer up to 30 minutes.
- Touchscreen accessibility to manually program cooking time.
- Comes with non-stick FDA-certified and PFOA free pan and detachable basket equipped with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment.
- There is no smell and not too much heat emitted during the cooking, and best of all – you won’t end up with a sink full of greasy pans, pots and utensils if you use this air fryer instead of your grill, oven or deep fryer.
- The cookbook which comes with this wonderful multifunctional kitchen appliance includes 50 recipes for some delicious meals which you can cook in it.
Philips Avance Collection XXL Digital Twin TurboStar Airfryer Black/Silver
When it comes to frying, the Philips Air fryer XXL knocked it out of the park. During testing, we tasted an awful lot of French fries and the Philips cooked up the fries we couldn’t stop noshing on. However, like all air fryers, it’s still relatively easy to use—this one requires no preheat—and the results are worth the payoff. A cookbook is included to give you lots of recipe ideas. If your family really likes fried food but not the fat, the Philips is definitely worth the investment.
- The Philips Air fryer XXL has room to cook big batches. It prepares crispy treats with little or no oil.
- Important features with this new air fryer are the fat removal technology, Twin Turbostar technology, pre-set settings, and a grilling accessory. 5 Pre-set settings for most popular dishes – The digital interface is easy to use with 5 pre-set cooking programs for one-touch cooking of frozen fries, chicken, meat, fish and baking.
- Fry, bake, grill and roast your favorite foods at home – The Air fryer XXL handles much more than just frying.
- Auto shut off
- Ready signal
- Dishwasher safe removable parts
- Adjustable temperature
- Keep warm function.
- No pre-heating, food is ready fast
- Keep warm function.
Breville Smart Oven Air
When you think of a toaster oven, you might recall images of that cheap countertop appliance you used during college. It featured a couple knobs on the front, an electric heating element, and that perpetually filthy, flimsy crumb-catching tray. Breville’s Smart Oven Air will look right at home in any kitchen, with sharp details and a fingerprint-resistant, high-quality stainless steel.
- Controls are easy to read and use
- Variable temperature settings
- Fryer basket is easy to pull out and insert
- Audible alert for when cooking is complete.
- Also toasts, broils, bakes, slow cooks and more.
- Air frying – High heat and super convection maximize airflow for crispy food.
- Super Convection – 2 Speed Fan (Regular & Super) for more cooking control. Super moves a greater volume of air to ensure fast and even roasting, air frying and dehydrating.
- 0 cubic foot, 16” x 13.5” x 7” cooking cavity. Large Capacity – Roast a 14lb turkey, 12 cup muffin tray, toast 9 slices, and accommodate 5.5qt Dutch oven and 13”x9” quarter sheet pan. Multi-rack cooking with “Rotate Remind” feature.
- Voltage: 110–120 Volts.13 Pre-programmed settings include.
- Construction Materials is made up of Brushed Stainless Steel.
Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven
It’s a stylish little number and is a far cry from the rounded, robotic-looking air fryers we’ve come to know. If an oven and a microwave had a baby, it might look a little something like this (as odd as that sounds, but you’ll know what I mean when you see the product). It’s an all-around cooking whiz as it can do anything an oven can do, as long as there are no liquids involved.
- 1800-Watts with 7 Functions: Air Fry, Convection Bake, Convection Broil, Bake, Broil, Warm, Toast.
- Adjustable Thermostat with 60-Minute Timer/Auto Shutoff, Toast Shade Selector-Time.
- dial controls
- a temperature range of warm-450
- convection oven,
- And the following additional functions: bake, convection bake, broil, convection broil, air fry.
- It comes with an air fryer basket to be used along with an air fryer setting.
- It also happens to be a darn good toaster oven.
Avalon Bay Air Fryer
It boasts a relatively easy-to-use interface, a temperature setting for up to 400 degrees, and a timer of up to 60 minutes. That makes it a pretty handy device. It uses Rapid Air Circulation Technology, much like a miniature convection oven, but with significant advantages while plenty of air fryers on this list feature a few recipes, the Avalon Bay Air Fryer has a full 52-page cookbook — so if you’re new to using an air fryer, you’ll get used to it pretty quick. Not only that but if you buy this air fryer and find that you don’t like it, Avalon lists on its Amazon page that it offers a 90-day return policy.
- Cooks foods in a fraction of the time of a traditional oil fryer or oven.
- Actually removes fat from the food as the oil drips down through the drip basket into the bottom of the fryer, where it can be removed and disposed of.
- Clean-up is very easy. Pan, basket, and accessories are completely removable. They are hand-washable and dishwasher-safe.
- You can easily reheat foods in the Avalon Digital Air Fryer by setting the temperature to 302ºF and the timer for 10 minutes.
- Even use your own oven-safe baking items in the air fryer, including baking tins and small oven dishes that fit into the fryer.
- Versatile cooking
- Frozen food does not need to be defrosted before cooking.
- The capacity on the AB-Air Fryer is 3.2-liters, which is the same as 13.5 cups.
If you have decided you want an air fryer, there are a few options to consider. That, however, is why we’re here — we’ve done the research so that you don’t have to. We hope this has been helpful for you to decide what to buy for you and your family. Happy shopping and happy health with healthful foods.